British Military Fitness offers employment opportunities to ex or serving members of the Armed Forces who are looking for a new challenge. We are a nationwide fitness provider and run over 500 classes per week in 140 cities around the UK. We offer our Instructors flexible part time work which can be scheduled around a full time role. Once time has been served with BMF, this can progress onto a full time career.
We are looking for a qualified Content and PR manager to join us at British Military Fitness (BMF). The role spans all BMF products, which include BMF classes, BMF Events (including The Royal British Legion Major Series, The Poppy Run and Sunfit), BMF Academy and Corporate BMF.
You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals. Your duties will also include sharing content through press and social media to raise brand awareness. You wil need to monitor web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content and PR manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented.
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
• Develop content (social media and PR) strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
• Collaborate with marketing team to plan and develop site content, style and layout
• Create/curate and publish engaging content in line with brand tone of voice
• Liaise with guest content writers and BMF members to edit, proofread and ensure brand consistency in articles and case studies.
• Develop media relations strategy to secure leads from placements in print, broadcast and online media.
• Coordinate all public relations activities, including media inquiries and interview requests
• Use SEO guidelines and techniques to enhance content
• Engage with key contributors on social media; both existing and newly cultivated contacts.
• Monitor, analyse and communicate performance and ROI of content, PR and social media activity.
• Manage content distribution to online channels and on social media to increase web traffic
• Stay up-to-date with developments in the fitness and lifestyle industry and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
• Proven work experience as a Content or PR manager.
• Proven experience designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
• Exceptional English writing and editing skills
• Attention to detail
• Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
• Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Good organisational and time-management skills
• Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Head of Marketing, British Military Fitness
• Chiswick, London
Package and benefits
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual holiday
• Free BMF membership for self and partner
• Private health care
• Optional company pension scheme
A British Military Fitness Instructor is the person who sets the standard for our company. This is the front line of BMF and we are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and professional instructors to deliver excellent quality fitness classes to people of all abilities. Each session will be unique to the last, appropriately challenging for each individual and great fun for everyone.
You don't need to be a PTI to work for BMF. 95% of our potential instructors make the grade and gain employment as a BMF Instructor. We employ over 500 Instructors who all come from a military background and have been through the resettlement experience. So we understand the challenges you face and we can support you through this.
This is achieved through our BMF Academy which delivers excellent quality training and can be accessed through military funding such as the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme, IRTC and Standard Learning Credits. We also offer leading rates of pay which is well above the fitness industry average.
After your training we offer employment opportunities for all of our learners and you will be trained to an extremely high standard which makes you industry ready to deliver great fitness classes to members of the public.
The award-winning Royal British Legion Major Series is the UK's most friendly obstacle race and you could be a part of it! Our volunteers will be assisting around the course with our British Military Fitness staff. All volunteers will receive a free race entry for a future Major Series event, as well as a goodie bag with t-shirt, other goodies and a medal.
To apply, please go to https://www.britmilfit.com/major-series/volunteer (all volunteers must be over 18 at time of event)