British Military Fitness will improve your all round fitness. Prove it to yourself by performing a fitness assessment either on your own or at a dedicated BMF assessment session. Surprise yourself with how good you are already.
- GET FASTER - time your 1500m run and see how much faster you get the more BMF you do
- GET STRONGER - see how many repetitions of sit-ups, press-up and burpees you can do in two minutes and see how much stronger you get the more classes you attend
- GET FITTER - pick a colour and take our fitness circuit challenge and see how much fitter you are getting each month
THE FITNESS TESTS IN SUMMARY:
1. FITNESS CHALLENGE
Tests: strength, endurance (both aerobic and anaerobic), flexibility and coordination)
This is a circuit test to be completed in 15 minutes or less and has three versions (blue, red and green). No-one should be able to complete their bib level test in less than 10 minutes.
- Blues - 10 press ups, sit ups & burpees, 3 x 20m shuttle runs, completed five times
- Reds - 12 press ups, sit ups & burpees, 3 x 30m shuttle runs, completed five times
- Greens - 15 press ups, sit ups & burpees, 3 x 40m shuttle runs, completed five times
2. STRENGTH TEST
Tests: muscular strength and endurance. Participants should aim to complete the maximum number of repetitions (with good form) in two minutes
- Two minutes of press ups
- Two minutes of sit ups
- Two minutes of burpees
3. 1500M RUN
Tests: aerobic speed and endurance.
All your results will be emailed to you, and available to view in your members area.
WHICH BIB COLOUR SHOULD YOU TAKE?
BEGINNER GROUPS (BLUE BIBS)
For those people that currently do little or no exercise OR are returning to fitness training after a break. For example, after having given birth or returning from a medical condition. This level bib is for anyone to try, and at the bigger venues we do several levels of beginners classes. There is nothing to be afraid of.
INTERMEDIATE GROUPS (RED BIBS)
For those who have worked their way up from our novice groups or those joining us who have a reasonable standard of fitness already. Intermediate classes are either a great way to keep weight off OR a great way to step up to more challenging classes, depending on the kind of person you are.
ADVANCED GROUPS (GREEN BIBS)
Where the fittest members will be put through a very intensive session. Separate advanced classes are run at most of our venues. The sessions are highly rated by the sports men and women that attend them who are looking to get pushed beyond anything they have experienced before. A great way of cross training for people who have no fear.